Senior Account Officer – Tax and Audit at JMG Limited
JMG blends international technologies with regional expertise to satisfy the African market’s development needs while providing solutions in electricity generation and electrical equipment.
JMG has a 20-year history in Africa and strong relationships with some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Account Officer – Tax and Audit
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Brief Job Description
- Manages all statutory audits and tax-related matters.
- Handles all audit and tax-related matters in the head office and across all branches
- Attend to all audit requests and channel to the appropriate persons and follow up for feedback
- Ensure that all statutory audits are completed within the statutory timeline
- Ensure that all needed schedules for statutory and tax audits are ready & accurate before the audit startup
- Provide monthly schedules for VAT remittance to Government (VAT payables & receivables)
- Review all tax computations by external auditors to ensure correct computation
- Review the Financials with Trial balances before signing off the financial statement for accuracy
- Check the Tax ProMax platform monthly to see that all returns are filled and after the annual audit ensure returns have been filled online by the audit team
- Ensure that education tax is budgeted for during the audit and paid immediately after the FS is finalized on or before the regulatory timeline.
- Internal check on Account processes and report to NCA on deviations
- Attend to urgent issues of the department outside our routine scope of the task
- BA in Accounting, Finance or its equivalent, professional qualification (ACA, CMA, CPA, CIA or CFA) will be an added advantage.
- 5-7 years of experience in the accounting field with Proven working experience.
- Proficiency in ERP systems
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Extensive corporate and personal tax experience
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Conversant with tax laws
- Excellent strategic planning skills and ability to interact with all levels
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a strong ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner.
N150,000 – N250,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
13th February 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.