eBS Functional Engineer at Oracle Nigeria
Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation headquartered in Austin, Texas. In 2020, Oracle was the third-largest software company in the world by revenue and market capitalization.
The company sells database software and technology (particularly its own brands), cloud-engineered systems, and enterprise software products, such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, human capital management (HCM) software, customer relationship management (CRM) software (also known as customer experience), enterprise performance management (EPM) software, and supply chain management (SCM) software.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: eBS Functional Engineer (Advanced Customer Services (ACS) / Advanced Services Engineer (ASE)
Travel: 75% of the Time
Oracle Advanced Customer Services (ACS)
In Advanced Customer Services, customer success is our North Star, when organizations choose to partner with us, we work with them across their journey. Businesses who have turned to Oracle for cloud and application solutions trust Oracle Advanced Customer Services to help them get the most out of their investment. For more than 20 years, Oracle Advanced Customer Services has helped more than 6,000 companies across 100 countries gain the speed, flexibility, and security features that they require. We work with customers to understand their unique business goals and requirements helping them maximize their investment, minimize risk, and achieve more.
Who Are We?
- ACS Advanced Service Engineering (ASE) organization is a global, innovative, open-minded, and diverse team of highly skilled technical engineers.
- The ASE establishes long-term trusted relationships with Oracle’s key customers helping them to maximize their Oracle Cloud and on-premise investment, innovate faster, and accelerate their business success with solutions for all Oracle Cloud, multi-cloud and on-premise environments.
- We are looking for a Functional eBS engineer who will be responsible for Oracle Applications Technical Lead and will provide management oversight and hands-on expertise supporting Oracle Cloud implementation projects.
- The Technical Lead will work as part of a project team to deliver analytical, solution-oriented services to Fortune 1000 clients.
- For this position, we are looking for a creative, innovative, and motivated professional with an open and flexible mindset who will work closely with the Customer to ensure alignment between business change, IT architecture, technical solutions, business resources, and processes.
- As an integral part of a global Organization, the Functional eBS engineer will be working within an international environment with colleagues around the globe and contribute to global technology-driven initiatives or innovation programs for continuous service improvements.
As a Functional eBS engineer in Oracle ACS you will:
- Act as Oracle Technical Lead on projects: leading the architecture, creating technical designs, and leading a team of Oracle Technical Applications Consultants (Integrations and Reporting). The role will be a mix between leadership and hands-on technical/functional guidance of projects.
- Lead the definition of the technical components (Reports, Integrations, Conversions, and Extensions) and define a delivery approach
- Provide hands-on leadership support via the development of prototypes and reference implementations
- Manage the implementation of technical solutions in Oracle ERP Cloud Application modules to support functional business requirements
- Provide guidance and advice to technical developers to help them improve their technical and professional skills
- Review technical solutions and code to ensure adherence to best practices and to help the team achieve industry-leading quality and performance of objects
- Contribute to continuous Peloton delivery process improvements and intellectual property.
- Assess and analyze customers’ business needs to make sure that Oracle solutions meet the customer’s objectives.
- Assist customers in their overall Journey to Cloud.
- Ensure Oracle cloud technologies are leveraged appropriately using best practices.
- Be the Oracle Solution Delivery authority to ensure that customers make informed decisions regarding scope to achieve beneficial solutions cost effectiveness, quality, and reusability.
- Providing technical guidance on Oracle cloud and/or on-premise solutions to customers and other Oracle team members to underpin successful delivery.
- Support solutions around multi-cloud and hybrid cloud setups.
- Ensure successful handover from Implementation toward operations making sure the implemented solution will fit the customer’s requirements.
- Maintain the Oracle Solution to make sure the customer demands and needs will be met. Platforms for Oracle solutions are on-premise, cloud, or hybrid running various workloads (application, middleware, database, and infrastructure).
- Working closely with the Technical Account Manager to ensure that the individual work streams are technically well managed.
- Be the main contact for new business opportunities by supporting our presales team. Identifies and promotes opportunities for sales of Oracle products and services to support business growth.
- Actively lead and contribute to strategic programs and initiatives.
- Ability to be a technical team leader and coach team members in relevant skills. Finding ways to recognize the contributions of others in the team.
- To summarize – help to use and take the best advantage of all the value our company offers to our customers.
Job Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications
In terms of Technical Skills:
- Qualified candidates must have a BS or BA degree in Business, Technology, or an equivalent Degree
- Experience with integrations across ERP, SCM, and HCM applications
- 12+ years of experience in Oracle ERP Integration Architecture/Development with at least 3 years of Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC)
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, Oauth, SSL)
- Experience with Oracle PaaS (Platform as a Service)
- Report Development expertise in OTBI and BIP
- Experience leading remote/offshore/nearshore teams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- +12 in delivering Oracle solutions and/or transformation programs ideally using cloud technologies.
- Applicants are required to read, write, and speak English Arabic and French are a plus.
- Speaking Amharic, Somali, Oromo, Tigrigna, and Afar would be an advantage.
- You may be required to deliver services both remotely or on-site depending on business requirements.
- You have experience acting as a specialist, developer, or similar with cloud solution design, development, and delivery.
- You are proficient in designing and developing Oracle cloud solutions.
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the customer organization.
- You are an undergraduate or higher level degree(s) holder or having an equivalent work experience will be considered too.
- You have a positive, resilient, and creative attitude with an open and agile mindset in front of challenging situations.
- Driven to take Innovative proposals and make them mature solutions.
- You have the ability to break down complex problems/issues to determine their suitability and make appropriate assessments and recommendations.
- You think out of the box and you are creative with solutions.
- You are keen to learn new cloud technologies using the training opportunities and lab resources in Oracle.
- You act as a positive influencer on those around you and motivate others toward success.
- You embody our Values: Customer First, Collaboration, Innovation, Inspirational Leadership, and Integrity.
- Regular travel to Ethiopia.
- Ability to travel 0-50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the English language.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification, and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).