Senior Legal Counsel at Oracle Nigeria
Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation headquartered in Austin, Texas. In 2020, Oracle was the third-largest software company in the world by revenue and market capitalization.
The company sells database software and technology (particularly its own brands), cloud-engineered systems, and enterprise software products, such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, human capital management (HCM) software, customer relationship management (CRM) software (also known as customer experience), enterprise performance management (EPM) software, and supply chain management (SCM) software.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Counsel
Job ID: 22000G90
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Provide a full range of in-house legal services and manage required legal support for Oracle’s business in Nigeria and anglophone West Africa to enable profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, laws, and regulations
- Responsible for providing legal advice to the organization.
- Close liaison to the business in providing a variety of corporate and commercial legal services.
- Manage litigation on Oracle’s behalf and coordinate litigation and other legal, administrative, or investigative actions handled by outside counsel.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts with public and private sector customers, partners, and suppliers, including licensing agreements, professional services agreements, and cloud services agreements.
- Advising on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance.
- Responds to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks in order to provide appropriate legal solutions.
- Works closely with other lawyers throughout Oracle and coordinates legal matters handled by outside lawyers.
- Demonstrates general commercial or functional knowledge across a sub-discipline within a specialty area(s), (e.g., general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, regulatory compliance, employment law, cloud transactions, data privacy, contract management, intellectual property and other laws/regulations specific to the computer and technology industry).
- Participates in EMEA-wide initiatives as required.
- Develops an understanding of Oracle´s products and services. Corporate housekeeping/company secretarial duties.
- Provides training to other Oracle functions on legal policy and business practices.
- Ensures compliance with Oracle business practices, policies, procedures, and laws.
- Performs all other tasks that are appropriate for and required by an in-house company lawyer and as required by the Manager.
Minimum Job Requirements
- A licensed lawyer that completed Law Degree and professional qualification with 5+ years post-qualification relevant experience from a leading law firm or appropriate in-house experience.
- Experience as an in-house counsel is a plus.
- Previous experience in the industry is preferred.
- Excellent legal skills and business judgment in areas of responsibility and the capacity to make decisions and give advice that demonstrates an understanding of the risks of each situation
- Superior written and oral communication skills (in English) with an ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to effectively manage a fast-paced workload in a demanding, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with internal clients and deliver high-quality service.
- Experience in license/Cloud/partnership agreements, general commercial law, RFPs, general corporate matters, and intellectual property, is strongly preferred
- High-level legal drafting skills (English).
- Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values
- Commercial negotiation experience, ideally in the IT or other hi-tech industry, preferably in a multinational.
- Practical, creative, and proactive thinking and problem-solving
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria and abroad may be required when safe to do so.
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process.
- This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification, and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).