MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable.
It is through the compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Commercial Legal, Corporate Transaction & Corporate Services
Job Identification: 1787
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Category: MTN Level 3
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Senior Manager Corporate Transactions
Division: Corporate Services
- Review legal cases, petitions and internal matters requiring legal input/perspective, consult with all relevant parties, advise on case/petition/legal related matter, provide recommendations on course of action and effectively take appropriate and approved action in accordance with the rules and regulations of MTNN.
- Draft legal agreements and review all relevant documentation supporting contracts for authenticity and validity, advising on company contracts relating to supplier agreements.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Settle legal issues between MTNN and 3rd parties, assisting in managing liquidations and disputes.
- Carry out legal (administrative) services work including liaison/correspondence with external bodies and organizations, conducting due diligence in the structuring of deals relating to commercial transactions.
- Administer controls to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and effectively integrate ethics, compliance and preventive law efforts, ensuring MTNN activities are compliant with laid down laws and governing regulations/statutes.
- Conduct proactive prevention of litigation, ensuring legal processes and services are effective and efficient in line with defined and approved design and rules.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- First Degree in any relevant discipline
- LLB and BL
- Fluent in English.
6 – 13 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an area of specialization; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Litigation and commercial experience
- Experience in handling and negotiating to fund
- In-depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian framework.
Application Closing Date
12th January 2023 (11:59 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online