WASH Manager, P4 at UNICEF
UNICEF operates in some of the most challenging places in order to reach the most disadvantaged children on earth and protect their rights, helping them reach their full potential. By fighting for every child, everywhere, every day, in 190 nations and territories, we hope to build a better future for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Manager, P4
Job Number: 558306
Contract Type: Fixed-Term Appointment
Categories: WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene)
For every child, Water, Hygiene & Sanitation
- UNICEF Nigeria has a strong WASH program that focuses on systems strengthening, and service delivery including institutional WASH and humanitarian response to support the government to reach its goals and the WASH-related SDGs.
- This WASH Manager position will oversee the WASH Behaviours pillar, specifically our support to the Clean Nigeria Campaign to scale up sanitation, and for hygiene promotion, including implementation of the Hand Hygiene for All Road Map. The role also supports humanitarian WASH, which is mainstreamed into the program.
- UNICEF Nigeria recently scaled up its integrated humanitarian response plan and is leading humanitarian response in the education, WASH, and nutrition sectors in the country, as well as the child protection sub-sector.
- But there is still much to be done in achieving institutional WASH targets. Join our team and help create a better world for every child.
How can you make a difference?
- The WASH Manager reports to the Chief WASH for general guidance and direction.
- The Manager supports the Chief in managing the WASH section, and in leading the development, preparation, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the WASH program within the country program.
- The Manager provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes, to ensure the achievement of the WASH-related output results in the country program.
- The Manager provides authoritative advisory services to government and sector support agencies and interacts with the government at senior levels. In particular, this WASH Manager position will oversee the WASH Behaviours pillar, specifically our support to the Clean Nigeria Campaign to scale up sanitation, and for hygiene promotion, including implementation of the Hand Hygiene for All Road Map, as well as related grant management. The role also supports humanitarian WASH, which is mainstreamed into the program.
Key Function, Accountabilities, and Related Duties / Tasks.
- Management support to the Chief of WASH
- Program development and planning
- Program management, monitoring, and delivery of results
- Advisory services and technical support
- Advocacy, networking, and partnership building
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Innovation, knowledge management, and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- An advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: Public Health, Social Sciences, Behavior Change Communication, Sanitary Engineering, or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are required.
- Developmental: A minimum of eight years of professional experience in WASH-related programs for developing countries is required. One year of deployment in a developing country is required.
- Humanitarian: At least six months of work in humanitarian situations, including one three-month deployment mission (with UN-Govt-INGO), is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- Builds and maintains partnerships (II)
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (II)
- Drive to achieve results (II)
- Innovates and embraces change (II)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (II)
- Thinks and acts strategically (II)
- Works collaboratively with others (II)
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (II)
Application Closing Date
12th January 2023 W. Central Africa Standard Time
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online